7 May 2014
The Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Actal (The Dutch Advisory Board on Regulatory Burden) host a conference on smart regulation, supported by the European Commission. The aim of the conference is to discuss what is needed for a successful Smart regulation policy and which obstacles national stakeholders face that need to be addressed on EU level.
- Mr. Henk Kamp, Ministery of Conomic Affairs of the Netherlands
- Dr. Edmund Stoiber, Chair of the High Level Group on Administrative Burden
- Dr. Marianne Klingbeil, Deputy Secretary General of the European Commission
- Mr. Bernard Wientjes, Chair of VNO-NCW (Dutch Employers Organisation)
- Mr. Jan ten Hoopen, Chair of Actal
After the plenary session five parallel workshop sessions will be held. In these workshops we will go more in-depth on the following topics.
- Future of EU smart regulation policy 2014 – 2019
- Subsidiarity and proportionality
- Getting a grip on the details (comitology)
- Stakeholders consulation
- Multi level governance
Prime Minister Mark Rutte will close the conference around 17hrs30 after which there will be a closing drink (until 19hrs00).
Date: 7 May 2014
Time: 13.30 – 17.30
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Languages: Dutch and English (simultaneous translation)
Further information will be announced later.