The Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is organizing a webinar to launch the report ‘Sunset Clauses and Post-Legislative Scrutiny: Bridging the Gap between Potential and Reality’.
Sunset clauses were in high demand in COVID-19 acts and regulations, with the main function to ensure that the restrictive measures adopted to respond to the pandemic extended no longer than necessary.
• Franklin De Vrieze, Senior Governance Adviser, WFD
• Dr. Sean Molloy, Newcastle University Academic Track fellow in law at Newcastle Law School
• Dr. Maria Mousmouti, WFD Associate Expert and Associate Research Fellow at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies of the University of London
• Andy Beattie, Chief Parliamentary Counsel of Scotland
• Dr. Sarah Moulds, Senior Lecturer in Law, UniSA: Justice + Society – University of South Australia
Date: 28 January 2022, 13:00-14:00 (UK Time).
More information here.