The Bingham Center for the Rule of Law in partnership with the journal Theory and Practice of Legislation will host the webinar “Global Legislative Responses to Coronavirus” on June 30 from 14:00 to 16:00 BST.
The event is being organized by Dr Ronan Cormacain (Bingham Center for the Rule of Law) and Dr Ittai Bar-Siman-Tov (Bar-Ilan University). Under the chairmanship of Professor Helen Xanthaki, Dean of PGLaws, University of London, President of the International Association of Legislation, the following presentations will take place:
- Emergency Legislation in Belgium at the crossroads of a political and a health crisis
Professor Patricia Popelier, University of Antwerp
- Quasi-State of Emergency: Assessing the Constitutionality of Ghana’s Legislative Response to Covid-19
Maame Efua Addadzi-Koom, Faculty of Law, KNUST, Ghana
- Legislative Response to Coronavirus Switzerland
Professor Felix Uhlmann , University of Zurich
- COVID-19 Legislation in the Light of the Precautionary Principle
Professor Klaus Messerschmidt, Humboldt University of Berlin and Friedrich-Alexander-Universitär Erlangen-Nürnberg
- The Impacts of the COVID-19 Crisis on the Brazilian Legal System – A Report on the Functioning of the Branches of the Government and on the Legal Scrutiny of Their Activities
Dr Marcelo Ilarraz, Victor Pinheiro and Melissa Terni Mestrine
- COVID-19 in Hungary and Poland: extraordinary situation and illiberal constitutionalism
Professor Tímea Drinóczi, University of Pécs and Dr Agnieszka Bień-Kacała, Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu
More information and registrations here.